Tender crisp okra makes for a satisfying yet simple side dish. The key to the perfect okra texture is to thoroughly dry it before cooking. Even just a little water residue will result in slimy okra, so make sure it is bone dry by patting it dry with kitchen towels before chopping and cooking. [Read more…] about Okra Stir-Fry
This quick and easy side dish provides a powerful anti-inflammatory punch, thanks to generous amounts of turmeric and ginger. Both are well noted and regarded for their powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
This 2-ingredient Shiitake Brown Rice makes for an easy side dish packed with umami flavor.
These Indian Spice Cauliflower kebabs are full of flavor (but not heat!) and are sure to please. The fragrant marinade infuses each cauliflower floret with a vivid array of Indian spices, including turmeric, cumin, and coriander.
This Chop Chop Salad with Chickpea Croutons is a summer favorite – hearty, refreshing, and a tasty way to get in some underutilized veggies like radishes, carrots, celery, and cucumber.
Chop Chop Salad with Chickpea Croutons
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Chop Chop Salad
- 2 cups carrot diced (~3 carrots)
- 2 cups cucumber diced (~1 large)
- 2 cups celery diced (~6 stalks)
- 1 cup radish diced (~5 radishes)
- 1/2 cup red onion diced (1 small-medium sized)
- 1 Tbsp chili pepper or jalapeno diced
- 2 cups parsley minced
- 1 cup mint minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- First, make the chickpea croutons. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain chickpeas, lay them out flat, and pat dry with a paper towel. Add oil and spices and toss well to coat. Lay them out flat and bake for 20 minutes, shake the tray, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Chop Chop Salad
- Chop all salad ingredients (except pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds) and add to a large bowl. Dress with olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper to taste. When the chickpea croutons are done, add to the salad bowl and toss well to combine.
You can easily scale this recipe down or up, depending on how many people you're serving. This makes 4 entree size portions, saves well, and can be used throughout the week. Throw this over a baby arugula or spinach for added greens.
What can be better than fluffy, gluten-free focaccia bread topped with layers of heirloom tomatoes, olives, and fresh herbs? Not much. [Read more…] about Gluten-Free Focaccia Bread [Quick!]