This Chop Chop Salad with Chickpea Croutons is a summer favorite – hearty, refreshing, and a tasty way to get in some underutilized veggies like radishes, carrots, celery, and cucumber.
Chop Chop Salad with Chickpea Croutons
Chop Chop Salad
- 2 cups carrot diced (~3 carrots)
- 2 cups cucumber diced (~1 large)
- 2 cups celery diced (~6 stalks)
- 1 cup radish diced (~5 radishes)
- 1/2 cup red onion diced (1 small-medium sized)
- 1 Tbsp chili pepper or jalapeno diced
- 2 cups parsley minced
- 1 cup mint minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- First, make the chickpea croutons. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain chickpeas, lay them out flat, and pat dry with a paper towel. Add oil and spices and toss well to coat. Lay them out flat and bake for 20 minutes, shake the tray, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Chop Chop Salad
- Chop all salad ingredients (except pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds) and add to a large bowl. Dress with olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper to taste. When the chickpea croutons are done, add to the salad bowl and toss well to combine.
What can be better than fluffy, gluten-free focaccia bread topped with layers of heirloom tomatoes, olives, and fresh herbs? Not much. [Read more…] about Gluten-Free Focaccia Bread [Quick!]
These tasty and easy to make gluten-free breadsticks work for both paleo and keto lifestyles. [Read more…] about Gluten-Free Breadsticks (Keto + Paleo)
This simple garlic sautéed chard recipe will make it easy to get your daily dose of greens in. It’s both delicious and fast, ready in less than 10 minutes.
This quick and easy fall pasta salad recipe is perfect for an autumn weeknight. Here, I used butternut squash, mushrooms, and kale, but you can swap in whatever veggies you have on hand.