I originally threw this sweet and salty antioxidant salad together with ingredients I happened to have on hand. But, it ended up being so delicious, that I’ve kept making it and had to share the recipe with you.
This salad makes a great side dish and is a delicious way to get in your dark leafy greens. Pair it with a protein of choice, such as this simple Lemon Pepper Salmon or my favorite 5-Spice Salmon to make it a complete meal.
Sweet & Salty Antioxidant Salad
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 avocado(s) peeled and diced
- 4 Tbsp. pomegranate arils
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds raw
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds raw
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 ounce broccoli sprouts
- 2-3 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- unrefined salt (real, pink, or Celtic salt) to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Place arugula in a large mixing bowl. Add the avocado, pomegranate, capers, seeds, and sprouts.
- Drizzle the olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice on top. Sprinkle with a little pink salt and black pepper. Toss well, then taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.