This vegetable curry is perfect for those evenings you want something nourishing and satisfying, yet you don’t feel like spending forever in the kitchen.
Use Whatever Veggies You Have
What I love about this easy vegetable curry recipe, is that you can use any vegetables you have on hand. Of course you can start with the ones I provide you in the recipe, but don’t feel compelled to stick to it. If you want a more fall-inspired dish, consider this pumpkin version.
Keep These Kitchen Staples on Hand
I almost always have culinary coconut milk and red curry paste on hand, and of course a variety of fresh vegetables, too, so I can whip this together quickly when I don’t know what else to make, or frankly, don’t feel like actually cooking.
I typically order the So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk and the Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste at vitacost.com (which is cheaper than in stores).
Try this Vegetable Curry Recipe
20-Minute Vegetable Curry
- 1 bottle/can coconut milk (can)
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 3 cups broccoli florets chopped small
- 1 cup carrot sliced thin (2-3 carrots)
- 1 cup snow peas sliced in half
- 1½ cups chickpeas
- 1-2 tsp. fresh red chile pepper sliced, (optional for EXTRA heat)*, jalapeno or Thai
- 1/2 lime juice only, only 2 tsp.
- ¼ tsp. pink salt or celtic salt or to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves chopped (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the coconut milk, curry paste, and turmeric. Stir well, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Next, add vegetables, chickpeas, and optional additional chiles if you want it super hot. Cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in lime juice and salt to taste.
- To serve, garnish with fresh basil and optionally, a few more small red chiles.
- Eat this vegetable curry on its own, or serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.