This recipe comes from my darling mother-in-law, who always has a plate of this ready when Kush and I go over for dinner. At any Indian restaurant, you’ll find this dish on the menu as Adraki Gobi (literally ginger cauliflower).
You’ll notice just one unusual ingredient, carom or ajwain seeds, which you can find at any Indian grocery store. Although they are not necessary for a tasty dish, they add a lovely flavor and support healthy digestion. Carom seeds are purposely added to prevent any unpleasant side effects (ie gas) that sometimes comes with consuming cruciferous veggies.
Golden Ginger Cauliflower (Anti-inflammatory)
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the oil.
- Add the carom seeds if using. Let them sizzle for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the ginger, and stir-fry about 3 minutes or so, until soft and fragrant, but not browned. Add the turmeric and red chile flakes, and give it all a good stir.
- Add the cauliflower, mix it well with the ginger and spices, then add the water, cover and let it cook for about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove lid and salt to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced green chiles, if desired.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.