This Chop Chop Salad with Chickpea Croutons is a summer favorite – hearty, refreshing, and a tasty way to get in some underutilized veggies like radishes, carrots, celery, and cucumber.
Chop Chop Salad with Chickpea Croutons
- 3 cups chickpeas (~2 cans)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne optional
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
Chop Chop Salad
- 2 cups carrot diced (~3 carrots)
- 2 cups cucumber diced (~1 large)
- 2 cups celery diced (~6 stalks)
- 1 cup radish diced (~5 radishes)
- 1/2 cup red onion diced (1 small-medium sized)
- 1 Tbsp chili pepper or jalapeno diced
- 2 cups parsley minced
- 1 cup mint minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 lemon juice only
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- pink salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- First, make the chickpea croutons. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain chickpeas, lay them out flat, and pat dry with a paper towel. Add oil and spices and toss well to coat. Lay them out flat and bake for 20 minutes, shake the tray, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Chop Chop Salad
- Chop all salad ingredients (except pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds) and add to a large bowl. Dress with olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper to taste. When the chickpea croutons are done, add to the salad bowl and toss well to combine.
This 5 Spice Salmon recipe is one of the most requested by my hubby. A light crust is formed from searing the salmon with a blend of turmeric, cumin, coriander, paprika, and cayenne, and then you simply finish it in the oven.
Sniffling, sneezing, and all around feeling achey? Try this simple homemade tea made with two proven cold and flu fighting ingredients. [Read more…] about Kick-A-Cold Tea (2 ingredients)