Bitter foods like arugula and radicchio stimulate digestion, making them a smart starter for your meals. Radicchio is also rich in fiber, which induces satiety to make you feel full faster and longer and aids in weight loss,
Pair this with a hearty protein-rich soup (like lentil soup, chilli, or bean soup) or hummus bowl for a complete meal.
Try This Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #healthybymarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups radicchio shredded or sliced thin
- 2 carrot grated or peeled
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. unrefined salt (real, pink, or Celtic salt) or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper or more to taste
- Combine arugula, radicchio, carrots, and pumpkin seed in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad and toss, or, if saving half for later, divide both salad and dressing in half and store each separately in airtight containers, and combine when ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mariamarlowe on instagram and hashtag #healthybymarlowe for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes each month.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.