Bitter foods like arugula and radicchio stimulate digestion, making them a smart starter for your meals. Radicchio is also rich in fiber, which induces satiety to make you feel full faster and longer and aids in weight loss,
Try This Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups radicchio shredded or sliced thin
- 2 carrots grated or peeled
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper or more to taste
- Combine arugula, radicchio, carrots, and pumpkin seed in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad and toss, or, if saving half for later, divide both salad and dressing in half and store each separately in airtight containers, and combine when ready to eat.