Tender crisp okra makes for a satisfying yet simple side dish. The key to the perfect okra texture is to thoroughly dry it before cooking. Even just a little water residue will result in slimy okra, so make sure it is bone dry by patting it dry with kitchen towels before chopping and cooking. [Read more…] about Okra Stir-Fry
This Chop Chop Salad with Chickpea Croutons is a summer favorite – hearty, refreshing, and a tasty way to get in some underutilized veggies like radishes, carrots, celery, and cucumber.
Chop Chop Salad with Chickpea Croutons
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Chop Chop Salad
- 2 cups carrot diced (~3 carrots)
- 2 cups cucumber diced (~1 large)
- 2 cups celery diced (~6 stalks)
- 1 cup radish diced (~5 radishes)
- 1/2 cup red onion diced (1 small-medium sized)
- 1 Tbsp chili pepper or jalapeno diced
- 2 cups parsley minced
- 1 cup mint minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- First, make the chickpea croutons. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain chickpeas, lay them out flat, and pat dry with a paper towel. Add oil and spices and toss well to coat. Lay them out flat and bake for 20 minutes, shake the tray, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Chop Chop Salad
- Chop all salad ingredients (except pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds) and add to a large bowl. Dress with olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper to taste. When the chickpea croutons are done, add to the salad bowl and toss well to combine.
You can easily scale this recipe down or up, depending on how many people you're serving. This makes 4 entree size portions, saves well, and can be used throughout the week. Throw this over a baby arugula or spinach for added greens.
This Shirataki Basil Pesto Pasta with Garlic Shrimp is quick and easy to throw together on a busy weeknight. It’s simple, flavorful and filling. You can’t go wrong!
This hearty and flavorful, one-pan meal is as delicious as it is nutritious. Ready in less than 15 minutes, this will be a weeknight recipe you put on repeat.
Bitter foods like arugula and radicchio stimulate digestion, making them a smart starter for your meals. Radicchio is also rich in fiber, which induces satiety to make you feel full faster and longer and aids in weight loss,
Try this easy roasted rainbow veggie bowl recipe.