This hearty and flavorful, one-pan meal is as delicious as it is nutritious. Ready in less than 15 minutes, this will be a weeknight recipe you put on repeat.
Beans & Greens
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ small red onion (about 2 oz.) or one small shallot
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne optional
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds optional
- ½ inch ginger grated
- 1¼ cup cannellini beans or beans of choice, cooked
- 1 bunch Swiss chard or greens of choice, sliced into ribbons, stem sliced thin and kept separate from leaves
- pink salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan on medium-low heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add enough oil to coat the bottom, and let heat up, about another minute.
- Add the onions, garlic, and spices, let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, swiss chard stems, and beans, and let cook for about another 2 minutes.
- Add in the greens and cover, for 1-2 minutes. The greens will start to shrink and turn bright green.
- Stir until the greens are uniformly bright green, and wilted, which should only take a couple of minutes. Don't overcook.
- Remove from heat, add salt and black pepper to taste, and serve.