Made with a blend of spices you may already have in your cabinets, this Green Glow Chai Tea contains powerful anti-inflammatory ingredients that support clear skin, healthy digestion, and blood sugar balance.
I love to brew a big pot of Green Glow Chai and refill my mug throughout the day. If I have leftover tea, I strain and refrigerate it, then reheat it the next day. Just one to two cups a day, over a month, will help you see noticeable improvements in your skin. Try it, and let me know what improvements you see.
Benefits Of Green Glow Chai Tea For Clear Skin:
The ingredients in this green glow tea will help reduce inflammation associated with breakouts:
- Green Tea: Green tea works to clear acne in multiple ways. First, it has been shown to decrease the production of the stress hormone cortisol. (1) This is important for acne-prone skin, as high cortisol levels trigger sebum production, which increases the likelihood of breakouts. (2) Secondly, it provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, thanks in large part to a substance called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). Green tea’s high EGCG content reduces inflammation and protects your cells from damage that can lead to skin problems. Lastly, it helps to maintain stable blood sugar levels, which is another key factor for keeping skin clear. (3)
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon also aids in blood sugar regulation. (4) Research shows that keeping your blood sugar level stable is helpful in the reduction of acne.
- Ginger: Ginger offers powerful anti-inflammatory benefits, which can help to reduce acne, an inflammatory condition. (5)
- Cardamom: Cardamom adds a distinct flavor that complements both sweet and savory dishes. It provides antioxidants, along with anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits. It has even been found to aid in blood sugar regulation. (6, 7, 8) Cardamom is used traditionally in Ayurvedic medicine for detoxification, and research has shown it does indeed have beneficial effects on the liver, which plays a primary role in detoxification. (9)
- Cloves: Cloves are a warming spice which provide antioxidants, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory benefits. (10, 11) They also may aid in liver function and blood sugar regulation, both of which are important for clear skin. (12, 13)
Green Glow Chai (Anti-Inflammatory Tea)
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- In the meantime, add all ingredients into the strainer insert of your teapot, or if you don't have one, a french coffee press.
- Once the water has boiled, turn off the heat, add the strainer, and let it steep for 7 minutes. If using a coffee press, pour the hot water into it and let it steep there before serving.
Looking For More Anti-Inflammatory Tea Recipes?
Check out these easy anti-inflammatory teas for clear skin that you can make at home. To reap the benefits, drink regularly. Each of them works in its own unique way to support clear skin from within:
For other anti-inflammatory recipes, check out my Clear Skin Meal Plan, a science-backed, doctor-approved program to clear acne naturally. If you’ve tried everything else to no avail, it’s time to get to the root causes and support your skin from within.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.