This Green Glow Smoothie for acne packs over 20 grams of protein and 16 grams of fiber to start your morning off right and clear your skin from within.
Green Glow Smoothie Ingredients
- Chia Seeds: An excellent source of fiber, providing a whopping 10g of fiber per ounce. Fiber helps to stabilize blood sugar, which is key to maintaining acne-free skin. They’re also rich in antioxidants and omega-3. (1, 2)
- Hemp Seeds: An excellent source of easy-to-digest plant protein. They also provide fiber and omega-3s, and an array of phytonutrients. (3, 4)
- Kale: Belongs to the cruciferous family which is known to reduce inflammation. A study published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics showed that a higher intake of cruciferous vegetables resulted in a 25% reduction in markers of inflammation among 1,005 women. (5)
- Banana: Bananas provide fiber and antioxidants that fight free radicals. (6, 7)
Green Glow Smoothie
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 banana frozen*
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mariamarlowe on instagram and hashtag #healthybymarlowe for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes each month.
Clear Skin Recipes
Want more skin clearing recipes? Check out these 5 Drinks For Clear Skin and my Clear Skin Plan, a science-backed, doctor-approved program and meal plan to clear acne naturally through dietary and lifestyle changes. If you’ve tried everything else to no avail, it’s time to get to the root causes and support your skin from within.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.