Matcha tea offers a plethora of benefits, but if I’m honest with you, it tastes a little too much like grass to me. While I can’t get it down as a hot tea, I do love it as an iced coconut matcha latte. I can drink one every day!
Matcha is simply ground green tea leaves that are whisked directly into your beverage and drank, as opposed to a green tea bag, which is just steeped and removed.
Like all whole and natural food, the quality and taste of matcha vary extensively from brand to brand. So I encourage you to try various brands to find the one you like. Personally, I like these Japanese Matcha teas. Soukou is great for iced coconut matcha lattes.
Iced Coconut Matcha Latte
- ½ tsp. matcha powder (ceremonial grade)
- 2 Tbsp water hot
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ice cubes
- unsweetened non dairy-milk
- Add matcha powder to a cup. Pour in 2 tablespoons of hot water and whisk vigorously with a matcha whisk or fork for 30-60 seconds.
- Seperately, fill a tall glass with ice. Add the matcha tea from step one, then pour your milk of choice on top.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mariamarlowe on instagram and hashtag #healthybymarlowe for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes each month.
Clear Skin Recipes
Want more skin clearing recipes? Try these delicious and easy Drinks For Clear Skin. Also, check out my Clear Skin Plan, a science-backed, doctor-approved program and meal plan to clear acne naturally through dietary and lifestyle changes. If you’ve tried everything else to no avail, it’s time to get to the root causes and support your skin from within
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.