5 ingredients. 15 minutes. Infinite possibilities. How vibrant and amazing does this raspberry chia seed jam look?
While traditional jams are loaded with sugar, I healthified this version by swapping regular sugar for low glycemic coconut sugar, reducing the amount of it, and adding chia seeds, which further helps prevent a large blood sugar spike, and provides plenty of fiber and protein to give you long lasting energy.
Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar granulated
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the raspberries, water, coconut sugar and lemon juice. Stir frequently, and bring to a low boil.
- Next, slowly stir in the chia seeds. The berries will break down and form a slightly gel like consistency. Simmer until the jam is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in vanilla. The jam will last in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
Photography: Irina Smirnova
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.