One of my favorite anti-inflammatory foods is turmeric, as it’s easy to sneak into many dishes and is quite potent when it comes to reducing chronic inflammation. So, in this video and post, we’ll focus specifically on anti-inflammatory turmeric recipes for skin.
Benefits Of Turmeric For Skin
- Reduces inflammation: Turmeric contains curcumin, a powerful compound known to reduce inflammation. (1) This helps reduce and prevent acne and other inflammatory skin conditions. (2)
- Improves chronic inflammatory skin conditions: Studies show that turmeric/curcumin, both oral and topical, may improve skin conditions such as acne, alopecia, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and more. (3)
- Rich in antioxidants: Turmeric is rich in antioxidants that neutralize free radicals that contribute to acne, aging, and chronic disease. (4, 5, 6, 7)
- Regulates insulin: A study shows curcumin helps improve insulin sensitivity. (8) This helps keep blood sugar stable, and stable blood sugar is a key to clear skin. (9)
5 Anti-Inflammatory Recipes For Glowing Skin
Here are 5 easy and delicious anti-inflammatory recipes for glowing skin:
This Roasted Chickpeas recipe is a delicious alternative to croutons, made with a variety of health-supportive spices, including turmeric, and roasted to perfection. They’re also great as a crunchy snack.
Curry Tahini Cauliflower
This Curry Tahini Cauliflower recipe is nutty, tender, and may become your new favorite way to eat cauliflower. (It is my personal fave).
Garlic Ginger Greens
These Garlic Ginger Greens are a delicious side dish and are ready in less than 10 minutes.
Sweet Potato Fries
These baked Spicy Sweet Potato Fries are a tasty side dish if you’re looking for clearer skin. They are rich in beta-carotene, the precursor to Vitamin A, and contain plenty of health-supportive, anti-inflammatory spices.
More Anti-Inflammatory Recipes For Skin
- Asian Beef Bowl With Cauliflower “Fried” Rice
- Curry Dusted Tofu
- Indian Spice Cauliflower Kebabs
- Beans & Greens
- Broccoli Burgers With Turmeric Tahini Sauce
Clear Skin Meal Plan
If you’re looking for more anti-inflammatory recipes, check out my science-backed, doctor-approved Clear Skin Plan. It’s filled with recipes for over 50 flavorful, crave-able meals that reduce inflammation and clear acne from within. The recipes are curated to eliminate common acne triggers and dramatically reduce redness and bumps while helping to prevent new lesions from forming.