This 5 Spice Salmon recipe is one of the most requested by my hubby. A light crust is formed from searing the salmon with a blend of turmeric, cumin, coriander, paprika, and cayenne, and then you simply finish it in the oven.
Any veggie sides will do, but I love to serve it with broccoli jalapeno rice, another super simple and quick dish.
This entire meal can be ready in 20 minutes or less.
Printable recipe below the video. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, on the stove top, preheat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Place the fish on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a pinch of pink salt and black pepper over the fish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining spices and mix well. Spoon the spices over the fish and use the back of the spoon to press it in, until the pink flesh is entirely coated with the spices, and you can't see any pink.
- Once your pan is hot enough, add the oil, and then place the fillets, coated side down in the pan.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until the spice mixture forms a nicely browned crust. Flip the fillets and cook for another 2 minutes. Then, transfer to the baking sheet and put in the oven to finish cooking - about 7-8 minutes for well done.
Broccoli Jalapeno Rice
- First, rice the broccoli, either by hand, or cut the florets into 1-inch pieces and the stems into matchsticks, then throw into a food processor or blender and process on low until a rice-like consistency is formed. Set aside.
- Heat a medium-large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and jalapeno, cooking for 2 minutes before adding the broccoli rice.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp. water to the pan, and then let it cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with pink salt to taste.
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.