I love to spice up cauliflower rice with lots of color and flavor – and that’s exactly what you get with this Golden Spring Cauliflower Rice.
The golden color comes from turmeric, and the flavor comes from diced onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and parsley.
Save time by buying riced cauliflower, available in the frozen section of most health food stores (and even mainstream ones). You can sometimes find it in the fresh produce section, too. Conversely, you can easily “rice” cauliflower by putting cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender and pulsing until it’s chopped into rice-like pieces. I prefer frozen as its quick, easy, and less clean up, but if it’s not available, I’ll make it from scratch.
Golden Spring Cauliflower Rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion diced (1 small onion)
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 1/4 cups carrots diced (2 large or 4 small)
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 6 cups cauliflower rice fresh or frozen ~ 600 g or 21 oz bag
- 1 tsp pink salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley minced
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add oil. Reduce heat to low, then add onions, and stir occasionally for 30 seconds before adding garlic, turmeric, and cumin. Stir well, and give it another 30 seconds or so, until fragrant.
- Next, stir in the carrots and celery. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and stir in the cauliflower rice. Do not recover. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes, until cauliflower is yellow from the turmeric and soft. Turn off the heat. Stir in parsley and salt to taste.
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.