These decadent beet brownies hit the spot. Fudgy, moist, and extra chocolatey they are the perfect sweet treat. They are gluten-free and vegan, so the whole family can enjoy them. And go ahead and try the batter – it is out of this world.
- 1 large beet peeled
- 1.5 cup dates, pitted (about 14 large Medjool dates)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut milk or non dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- First, steam the beet while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Peel and chop the beet into ½-inch pieces. Place in a steamer basket over boiling water, covered, until the beet is easily pierced with a fork (about 10-15 minutes). Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by combining the cacao, maple, and coconut oil in a small bowl, until smooth and creamy. Set aside in the fridge to firm up while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- When the beet is done, blend all wet ingredients together in a blender or food processor until a smoothie-like consistency forms. Set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well. Add the wet to the dry and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into an 8x8 greased or parchment-lined pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until firm.
- Let the brownies cool for 10 minutes before frosting, cutting, and serving. If the frosting is too hard to spread, let it sit out for 5 minutes or so until it becomes easily spreadable.
More Must-Try Gluten-Free Desserts
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.