Craving sweets? Try these 5-minute Double Dark Chocolate No-Bake Brownies made with simple, whole ingredients.
One of my top tips for getting over a sweet tooth is to switch to fruit to satisfy a desire for sweetness. But when you’re craving a brownie (or other decadent dessert), I get it, an apple isn’t always going to cut it.
Enter, fruit-sweetened desserts like these Double Dark Chocolate No-Bake Brownies.
Made with almond flour, cacao and dates, and topped with a fudgy dark chocolate sauce (which firms up into a frosting if you refrigerate) this is one easy, fruit-based dessert.
Try These Double Dark Chocolate No-Bake Brownies
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
Double Dark Chocolate No Bake Brownies
No Bake Brownie
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1½ cup dates
- ½ cup cacao powder
- pinch pink salt
Chocolate Sauce Topping
- 3 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup warmed*
- 1½ Tbsp. coconut oil liquified
Hemp seed topping
- hemp seeds optional
- Make the brownie: add all no-bake brownie ingredients to a blender and blend on high until a dough like consistency is formed. Press the dough into a 6x6 inch cheesecake pan or baking dish (or hey, even a glass tupperware), to make the square shape.
- Remove from the pan (just push bottom up for cheesecake pan, or flip over baking dish/tupperware) and put on a plate.
- Make the chocolate sauce topping: In a bowl, mix together sauce ingredients until fully combined. Using a spoon or spatula, spread the sauce on top of the brownies. If you want a more frosting like consistency, refrigerate for at least an hour, to firm up the sauce.
- To serve, cut into squares, and sprinkle with hemp seeds, if desired.
You can skip the chocolate sauce topping, the brownies by themselves are delicious.