This is not your average tabouli. Made with cauliflower and broccoli rice instead of grains, this refreshing salad is loaded with cruciferous veggies which support your body’s natural detoxification processes.
You can use solely cauliflower rice in this recipe, however, if you have broccoli stems on hand, throw them in! I’m a huge fan of broccoli stems – they are absolutely delicious when “riced” (put in a food processor until finely chopped into a rice like texture) and especially when spiralized.
I don’t like to let food go to waste, so I would include the broccoli stems in this recipe if you have them on hand, but you don’t have to specifically go out and buy them (unless you also want to make something with the broccoli florets, which is always a good idea – like this roasted broccoli or broccoli basil soup.)
This makes six servings, so it will last you for days, and stores well in an airtight container in the fridge. While you can eat it on its own as a side salad, you may also want to add a heaping spoon or two on top of a regular salad, as a salsa on a taco, or dip gluten-free crackers or cassava chips into it. You can even use crisp romaine leaves as a scoop. (I’ve done them all).
Shop this Detox Tabouli Recipe
The best place to buy all these fresh groceries is your local farmers market. A local health food store or grocery store, is great, too, but if you don’t have the time to shop in person, get it delivered!
You can also try Amazon Fresh, which has a huge assortment of organic produce, as well as Whole Foods brand products that will be delivered straight to your door.
Try This Detox Tabouli Recipe
You can easily print this recipe with the little printer icon, below. If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 16 oz cauliflower (Can use a 50/50 mix of cauliflower and broccoli stems)
- 6 oz grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 green onion / scallion white and green parts, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley * chopped fine
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves * chopped fine
- First, use a food processor to "rice" of chop cauliflower and broccoli stem if using, into small, rice-like pieces. In a dry skillet, cook them for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. When done, add to large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining ingredients to the large mixing bowl: tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, scallions, garlic, parsley, and mint. Once the Cauliflower is added, add all of the dressing ingredients and toss well, until thoroughly combined. Season with additional pepper, to taste.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.