This quick and easy warm french lentil salad makes a great protein-packed side dish. You could also throw it over arugula or baby greens OR use it as a component of a veggie bowl.
Warm French Lentil Salad
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 1/4 cups water
- unrefined salt (real, pink, or Celtic salt) to taste
- 1/4 lemon to squeeze fresh
- In a medium stockpot over medium heat, add the oil, onion, garlic, and carrot. Cook for about 7 minutes, until fragrant.
- Then, add the lentils, thyme, and water. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium low for about 25 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. (You can drain off excess water if needed).
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the lentils and season with salt to taste.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mariamarlowe on instagram and hashtag #healthybymarlowe for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes each month.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.