The genius 60 second recipe that turns fruit into ice cream.
If you’re looking for a healthier way to satisfy your sweet tooth, you have to try banana ice cream, sometimes also called nana ice cream or n’ice cream.
It is so rich, creamy, sweet, and decadent, you seriously won’t even realize there’s no dairy or added sugar. Shhh don’t tell anyone…it’s simply just frozen bananas.
I’ve been making it for years, and it was one of the recipes that helped me get over my sugar addiction.
Banana ice cream is extremely versatile. You can use the frozen banana base (with just a touch of vanilla) to make any flavor you like: chocolate (cacao powder), carob (carob powder) strawberry and mint, blueberry, almond butter ginger…the combinations and varieties are endless.
(If making fruit flavors, always use frozen fruit).
All you need to make banana ice cream is a high speed blender, like a Vitamix. Unfortunately, regular blenders don’t work as well for this, and you may burn out the motor.
Photo credits: Styling: Maria Marlowe / Photography: Irina Smirnova
Banana Ice Cream
Add-Ins: Choose your favorite(s)
- cacao powder 2 -3 tsp. cacao powder
- almond butter 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- carob powder 2-3 tsp. carob powder
- date 3-4 pitted dates + 1/4 tsp.cinnamon
- frozen strawberries 1 cup frozen strawberries + 6 mint leaves
- coconut flakes 1 Tbsp. coconut butter or shredded coconut
- fresh ginger 1 Tbsp. almond butter or 1 Tbsp. almonds + 1/2 inch piece peeled ginger
- Place all ingredients (banana base plus the add in ingredients of your choice) into a high speed blender and blend on high until soft serve ice cream consistency is reached, which should be about 30-60 seconds.
- Taste to determine if you want to add more of any add ins, and re-blend if needed. Otherwise, simply spoon out and serve!
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.