This lemony white bean dip is lusciously creamy and a nutrient-packed alternative to hummus.
Don’t get me wrong, hummus is a delicious and nutritious pick, but it’s always good to switch things up, to get a wide and varied array of nutrients.
Why I LOVE this Lemony White Bean Dip
Firstly, its delicious.
Secondly, it’s versatile. Besides for dipping your Mary’s Gone Crackers, veggie slices, or hey, just your spoon, it doubles as a protein-packed spread for toast. I’ve even used it instead of tomato sauce on a cauliflower crust pizza.
Last, but of course not least, it’s nutritious. This recipe calls for a white bean called Navy beans, which got their moniker stemming from the fact that they were a staple food for the US Navy during the early 20th century.
Benefits of Navy Beans
One cup of Navy beans delivers a whopping:
- 19 grams of fiber (76% DV)- the pipes will be clean with this one
- 15 grams of protein
- 64% DV of folate – a B Vitamin that supports nervous and cardiovascular system health
- 24% iron – supports energy production
- 24% magnesium – supports bone and nervous system health, enhances control of blood sugar
Try this Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with!
Lemony White Bean Dip Recipe
- 1½ cups navy beans drained, or other white beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. pink salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Put all ingredients except the oil in a blender, and turn the motor on to medium speed.
- Remove the center piece from the blender lid, and slowly drizzle in the oil with the motor running. Turn it up to high until the dip is smooth, about 10-20 seconds more.
- Pour into a bowl to serve. Garnish with extra cracked pepper, if you wish.
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.