Surprise your valentine with these heart-shaped Valentine’s Paleo Pancakes.
I don’t eat pancakes all that often, but for years, when I did, I was using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free pancake mix. However, while better then many, it doesn’t have the cleanest ingredient list. For example, it uses cornstarch, which is almost inevitably GMO as it isn’t organic, and is made primarily of rice flours, when there are many more nutritious GF flours. It also contains refined sugar. That being said, they are delicious.
So more recently, sometimes I’d make a 2-ingredient paleo pancake, which is essentially just eggs and banana. But now I have discovered a great pre-made pancake mix option by Simple Mills, which I used for these.
It’s made from almond flour, arrowroot, organic coconut sugar, organic coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
You can of course use any pancake mix you like. If you have a favorite gluten-free mix or recipe, leave it in the comments below.
Try This Valentine’s Paleo Pancakes Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
Valentine's Day Paleo Pancakes
- 2 eggs organic, pasture-raised or free range
- 2 Tbsp. water or nut milk
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup Simple Mills Gluten-free pancake mix
- maple syrup
- fresh berries
- hemp seeds
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, water and oil. Then, add in the pancake mix and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium heat. Add about two tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Once it bubbles, after 1-2 minutes, flip to the other side until completely cooked, another 1-2 minutes. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Once all pancakes are made, use a heart shaped cookie cutter, or simply a knife to make heart shaped pancakes. To serve, drizzle with maple syrup and top with berries and hemp seeds if desired.
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.