Baked sweet potato fries make a delicious side for whatever you’re serving.
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 sweet potato large
- 1 Tbsp potato starch divided in half
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt (real, pink, or Celtic salt) divided in half
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided in half
Spice Mix (Optional)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into shoestring fries, about 3 inches long and ¼″ wide. Put half of the fries on one pan and the other half on the other.
- Sprinkle the sweet potato fries with the potato starch (use 1 1/2 teaspoons per pan). Toss until the fries are lightly coated in powder. Drizzle the olive oil over the fries (1 ½ teaspoons per pan) and add the salt (1/4 teaspoon per pan). Toss until the fries are lightly and evenly coated in oil, and no powdery spots remain.
- Spread the fries out evenly in a single layer, with space in between each so they crisp up. If you overcrowd the trays, they will become soggy. Bake for 20 minutes, then using a spatula, flip the fries and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- If desired, toss the baked fries with additional spices. Serve warm!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mariamarlowe on instagram and hashtag #healthybymarlowe for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes each month.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.