This Blemish Blast Blueberry Smoothie is packed with antioxidant- and nutrient-rich ingredients that provide anti-inflammatory benefits to help reduce blemishes.
Blemish Blast Blueberry Smoothie Ingredients
Here is a breakdown of how the blemish blast blueberry smoothie ingredients support clear skin:
- Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in antioxidants that protect your body from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage your cells and contribute to acne, inflammation, aging, and chronic disease. (1, 2, 3)
- Pumpkin Seed Protein: My favorite protein powder for a source of clean plant protein. It is made simply from powdered pumpkin seeds, not an isolate, and is a beautiful vibrant green instead of a dusty brown. It also contains various minerals including zinc, which is a critical nutrient for clear skin and a common deficiency amongst acne patients. Use code Maria20 for 20% off.
- Flaxseed: Fiber-rich flaxseed is also a source of omega-3 fatty acids, which provide anti-inflammatory benefits. Omega-3 rich foods can help reduce the size and redness of pimples and speed the rate at which wounds heal. (4)
- Hemp seed: Hemp seeds are an excellent source of easy-to-digest plant protein. They also provide fiber and omega-3s, as well as a variety of phytonutrients. (5, 6)
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, providing a whopping 10g of fiber per ounce. Fiber helps to stabilize blood sugar, which is key to maintaining blemish-free skin. They’re also rich in antioxidants and omega-3. (7, 8)
- Banana: rich in fiber and powerful antioxidants that fight free radicals. (9, 10)
Blemish Blast Blueberry Smoothie
- Combine all blueberry smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.*
- Pour smoothie into a glass and top with coconut shreds and blueberries.
Clear Skin Recipes
Want more skin clearing recipes? Check out these 5 Drinks For Clear Skin. Also, check out my Clear Skin Plan, a science-backed, doctor-approved program and meal plan to clear acne naturally through dietary and lifestyle changes. If you’ve tried everything else to no avail, it’s time to get to the root causes and support your skin from within.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.