This delicious creamy pea and dill soup has a few secret ingredients that up the nutrition without detracting from the taste.
You won’t detect they’re in there, but hiding inside is roasted cauliflower and dark leafy greens. Enjoy a bowl of this fresh soup on its own as an entree, pair a cup with a protein-packed salad (since both are filling, I’d halve the salad), or serve it as an appetizer before this umami chickpea burger.
Pea & Dill Soup
- 8 cups cauliflower chopped into florets
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil divided, 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp.
- 2 cups yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 10 oz frozen peas
- 4 cups vegetable broth (low or no sodium) low sodium
- 1 cup fresh dill chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach or sub baby kale, arugula, or mix
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. unrefined salt (real, pink, or Celtic salt)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On 2 parchment lined baking sheets, toss cauliflower with about a tablespoon of oil and a pink of salt. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large stockpot over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and the onion and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, before adding the peas and broth. Cook another 7 minutes.
- When the cauliflower is done, carefully add it to a blender, along with the onion/pea/broth mixture, dill, baby spinach, lemon, and salt. You may have to do this in two batches, in which case, put half of everything into the blender at a time. When blending hot liquids, always remove the center piece and hold a dish towel over the opening when blending, to let steam out. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowls, or if batch cooking for the week, four pint-sized mason jars. If not eating right away, cover and refrigerate.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.