Ditch the sugary packaged stuff and make your own healthy granola.
Granola is one of those foods that has a healthy halo around it…people tend to think it’s healthy, but in reality, it’s often little more than a sugar bomb.
Same thing with cereal – even the healthy sounding ones – are usually purely empty calories, made from little more than processed wheat, corn, and sugar, a trifecta for weight gain and inflammation.
This healthy granola recipe is hearty and filling…a little goes a long way in keeping you satiated. That’s because it’s not made with any empty calories. Every ingredient is loaded with nutrients you need. Fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals…this cereal has it all.
You can serve it with fresh or frozen blueberries (I actually prefer frozen!) and my homemade hemp milk.
- ½ cup almonds chopped
- ½ cup cashews chopped
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes unsweetened*
- 1½ Tbsp. coconut oil liquified
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine all granola ingredients and mix well, until all nuts and seeds are coated in oil and cinnamon.
- Lay out flat on a baking sheet, and bake for about 10 minutes, just until the coconut starts to get golden brown. Cool and store in an airtight container like a mason jar.
- Serve with hemp milk (or your favorite plant milk) and frozen blueberries (or your favorite fruit).
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.