I LOVE making these gluten-free Cassava Tortillas to wrap up seafood tacos, make a veggie hummus wrap, or to bake and turn into tortilla chips. They are much better than most of the GF wraps and tortillas found in the grocery store – they are actually pliable, and delicious!
If I want bread, I sometimes will make a batch and dip one or two in a little olive oil and pink salt, like you do at a mediterranean restaurant. (The best paleo, gluten-free recipe for actual bread is this mix. It’s to live for.)
The main ingredients are cassava flour (I always purchase on Vitacost as it is always on sale there), water, olive or avocado oil, and pink salt. How easy is that?
Try This Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #healthybymarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 tsp. unrefined salt (real, pink, or Celtic salt)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (unrefined) melted
- 1/3 cup warm water
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the cassava flour and salt with a fork.
- Add the oil and the warm water. Mix until thoroughly combined, and dough starts to form. Then, use your hands to continue kneading it into a ball of dough.
- Roll the ball into a symmetrical log shape, and then cut in half, and each half into 3 identical size pieces, so you have 6 pieces total.
- Roll each piece into a ball, and then flatten between two sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin to make tortilla shape.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Place one tortilla on the pan and cook until it starts to bubble (about 1 minute). Flip and cook an additional minute.
- Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining tortillas.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mariamarlowe on instagram and hashtag #healthybymarlowe for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes each month.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.