I LOVE making these gluten-free Cassava Tortillas to wrap up seafood tacos, make a veggie hummus wrap, or to bake and turn into tortilla chips. They are much better than most of the GF wraps and tortillas found in the grocery store – they are actually pliable, and delicious!
If I want bread, I sometimes will make a batch and dip one or two in a little olive oil and pink salt, like you do at a mediterranean restaurant. (The best paleo, gluten-free recipe for actual bread is this mix. It’s to live for.)
Try This Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #healthybymarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the cassava flour and salt with a fork.
- Add the oil and the warm water. Mix until thoroughly combined, and dough starts to form. Then, use your hands to continue kneading it into a ball of dough.
- Roll the ball into a symmetrical log shape, and then cut in half, and each half into 3 identical size pieces, so you have 6 pieces total.
- Roll each piece into a ball, and then flatten between two sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin to make tortilla shape.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Place one tortilla on the pan and cook until it starts to bubble (about 1 minute). Flip and cook an additional minute.
- Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining tortillas.
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.