This creamy roasted butternut squash curry soup is WOW. You’ll want to batch cook this healthy soup recipe all autumn long.
The colors, the flavors, the creaminess, the toppings…there is just so much to love about this one.
I originally tried making it with pumpkin, and it was good, but the roasted butternut squash was even better. (You can of course try it with pumpkin puree – but try roasting the pumpkin instead of steaming it for added flavor. Or you can buy pre-made). Additionally, the roasted butternut squash seeds have such a nice, unique flavor, too.
Chew Your Soup
I love adding toppings to the soup, as they not only add some beautiful color and crunch, they also force you to chew your soup. Chewing prepares the rest of your body for digestion, so it’s a good to get into the habit of chewing your soup (and smoothies for that matter), to set you up for better digestion.
Try this Roasted Butternut Squash Curry Soup
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #healthybymarlowe on Instagram or Facebook so I can share it. I’d love to see what you come up with!
Roasted Butternut Squash & Curry Soup
Roasted Butternut Squash Puree
To make the roasted butternut squash puree
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the butternut squash cubes with a couple teaspoons of avocado oil, then lay out flat, and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When it's done, weigh out 16 oz of squash, and puree it in a blender. If you have a larger squash and have leftover cubes, you can reserve the rest for other uses (or double this soup recipe).
To make the soup
- In a large stockpot over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- When hot, add the shallots, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, careful not to burn.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, maple syrup, and butternut squash puree. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Add salt.
- Next, carefully pour the soup into a blender, and blend until a uniform creamy texture is achieved. Taste, and add more salt if needed, then blend again.
- To serve, top with your favorite garnishes.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.