On a hot summer day, this refreshing and icy watermelon slushie with coconut ice is sure to hit the spot. You can start with a spoon, then slurp the rest up with a straw.
Save on Healthy Ingredients
I made this recipe for Vitacost.com, my favorite place to shop for healthy ingredients at a fraction of the price of what I’d pay at the grocery store.
Watermelon Slushie with Coconut Ice
- 6 cups watermelon cubed, frozen overnight*
- Open the can of coconut milk and remove the top cream only to a blender or food processor. Reserve the liquid for another use (like a smoothie). To the blender, add the date syrup, if using, along with the lime juice, vanilla, and ice cubes. Quickly pulse until a slushie consistency forms. Remove to a small bowl, cover, and freeze while you prepare the watermelon slushie.
- Rinse and dry the blender or food processor. Now add the frozen watermelon chunks and process until a slushie consistency forms.
- Layer alternating layer of the coconut and watermelon slushie in 4 short serving glasses or bowls, as you wish.
- Top with slivered almonds and a drizzle of date syrup.
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.