On a hot summer day, this refreshing and icy watermelon slushie with coconut ice is sure to hit the spot. You can start with a spoon, then slurp the rest up with a straw.
Save on Healthy Ingredients
I made this recipe for Vitacost.com, my favorite place to shop for healthy ingredients at a fraction of the price of what I’d pay at the grocery store.
Watermelon Slushie with Coconut Ice
- 6 cups watermelon cubed, frozen overnight*
Coconut Milk Ice
- 1 can coconut milk (can) 13.5 oz can, refrigerated overnight
- 2 tsp. date syrup or liquid sweetener of choice**
- 1 lime juice only: use 1.5 tsp
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6-8 ice cubes more as needed
- Open the can of coconut milk and remove the top cream only to a blender or food processor. Reserve the liquid for another use (like a smoothie). To the blender, add the date syrup, if using, along with the lime juice, vanilla, and ice cubes. Quickly pulse until a slushie consistency forms. Remove to a small bowl, cover, and freeze while you prepare the watermelon slushie.
- Rinse and dry the blender or food processor. Now add the frozen watermelon chunks and process until a slushie consistency forms.
- Layer alternating layer of the coconut and watermelon slushie in 4 short serving glasses or bowls, as you wish.
- Top with slivered almonds and a drizzle of date syrup.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mariamarlowe on instagram and hashtag #healthybymarlowe for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes each month.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.