A Superfood Scramble is one of my favorite ways to start my morning. Made with whatever veggies I have on hand, plus spices, herbs, and organic pasture-raised eggs, its easy, quick, versatile, and delicious.
If you stay chez Marlowe, this is most likely what I’m cooking you for breakfast.
My personal favorite combos for a Superfood Scramble include:
- okra + red onion
- Swiss chard + red onion
- broccoli + jalapeno
- fresh herbs like basil, parsley, dill, and cilantro
- broccoli, basil, mushrooms, and tomato – which happen to be packed with nutrients that encourage healthy hair growth.
Other ingredients I love – spinach, cauliflower, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, sweet potato, purple potato…pretty much anything that can be sauteed. I often combine 2-3 veggies at a time. You don’t really need to measure the veggies out, put as many as you want in there.
How to Make a Superfood Scramble
The key to making it taste good no matter what you put in it, is to always use aromatics (onions/garlic) and spices you like (for example, I often turn to turmeric + chile powder or dried oregano + basil + thyme). These add flavor, so it won’t matter what veggies you put in it, it should taste good.
To get you started here is a simple version using mushrooms and chard. This is a great option if you’re trying to lose weight as the mushrooms and chard are filling yet very low cal.
- Crack both eggs into a mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs until completely combined, and season with salt and pepper.
- In an 8-inch skillet over medium heat, add just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add onion, turmeric, cayenne, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chard, and cook another 2 minutes or so, until chard is wilted.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet. Immediately tilt the pan so the eggs coat the entire bottom, and mix in with the veggies. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally, until eggs are completely cooked through, about 3-4 minutes or so.
- Remove to a plate. Taste and add additional salt or pepper as needed.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.