One of my favorite breakfasts is a veggie scramble made with copious amounts of veggies and two organic eggs. This particular Power Veggie Scramble recipe was made specifically with veggies that support healthy hair growth.
Healthy Hair Foods
Healthy hair starts with a healthy body, and a healthy body is created through a healthy diet and lifestyle. The team at Nioxin asked me to create three delicious recipes that nourish your hair from within.
While there are many possible causes, research shows that one possible cause for thinning, slow growing, and lackluster hair is certain nutrient deficiencies. So, I combined ingredients rich in a variety of nutrients known to support a healthy scalp and hair, including the B-vitamins, iron, zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and more.
Below is the first, and the remaining recipes will be showcased on nioxin.com in the coming weeks.
Power Veggie Scramble (with Hair-Boosting Benefits)
Power Veggie Scramble
- 1 tsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red onion diced
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 shiitake mushroom caps sliced thin
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets chopped small in 1 cm pieces
- 3 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 eggs organic, pasture-raised or free-range
- pink salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
- 1/2 avocado sliced thin or mashed with a fork
- 1 slice gluten-free bread
- pinch pink salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, spinach, shiitake mushrooms, and broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is bright green and spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork. When the veggies are cooked, add the eggs to the pan, along with a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir occasionally, until eggs are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Top with basil and red pepper flakes if using. Transfer to a plate to serve.
- Meanwhile, toast a slice of your favorite gluten-free bread, and add sliced avocado on top, with a pinch of salt and/or red pepper flakes if desired.