Superfoods are everywhere, nowadays and with good reason: they are some of the most nutrient dense and anti-oxidant packed foods on the planet.
The Goji berry, which has been used in Chinese medicine for centuries, is often cited as number one. Here are a few benefits of goji berries:
- They have an exceptional balance of daily macronutrients: high-quality protein, soluble fiber, healthy fat, and carbohydrates.
- They are anti-oxidant rich and so support the immune system and can help prevent cancer and disease.
- They support skin health, longevity, and a youthful appearance with their high Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and trace mineral content.
With all their benefits, they’re my new daily staple. I happen to detest dried fruit of all kinds, so I like to rehydrate my goji berries* and add to smoothies and other recipes. They also come in powder form, but I think it’s best to always choose food in its least processed form.
Summer Skin Glow Smoothie: Pineapple + Goji Berry
- 16 oz pineapple chopped
- 2 Tbsp. goji berries rehydrated*
- 1 lime
- 1. Pour about 1/2 cup water from the soaked goji berries into a Vitamix or high speed blender.
- 2. Add in the pineapple, goji berries, and the fresh squeezed juice of the lime.
- 3. Blend on high for about 30 seconds.
- 4. Serve.