For a bright and summery dish, try this fettuccine with lemon cream sauce. The dairy-free sauce is made from tahini and a generous amount of lemon for a super fresh flavor. Add in peppery arugula for a little kick.
Bean pastas are much healthier than wheat pastas. Not only are they gluten-free, but they are packed with so much fiber and protein. This Explore Cuisine mung bean fettuccine has a whopping 11g of fiber and 22g of protein per serving…so you can have your pasta and eat it, too!
Try This Fettuccine with Lemon Cream Sauce
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
Fettuccine with Lemon Cream Sauce (Dairy-Free)
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Mung Bean Fettucine
- 4-6 cups baby arugula
- 1-2 cups frozen peas optional
Lemon Cream Sauce
- 6 Tbsp. tahini
- 6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice from about 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. pink salt or more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- zest of 1 lemon divided in half
- Bring pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to directions. Put the arugula in a large mixing bowl. If using the peas, add them to the pot about 5 minutes before the pasta is done, to cook together.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together all of the lemon cream sauce ingredients (only use one half of the lemon zest) with a fork, until a smooth, creamy consistency is formed.
- When pasta is done, drain, add to the bowl with the arugula, top with the cream sauce, and mix well, until everything is coated. Taste, and season with additional pink salt and fresh pepper as needed. To serve, sprinkle the remaining lemon zest over the dish.