For a bright and summery dish, try this fettuccine with lemon cream sauce. The dairy-free sauce is made from tahini and a generous amount of lemon for a super fresh flavor. Add in peppery arugula for a little kick.
Bean pastas are much healthier than wheat pastas. Not only are they gluten-free, but they are packed with so much fiber and protein. This Explore Cuisine mung bean fettuccine has a whopping 11g of fiber and 22g of protein per serving…so you can have your pasta and eat it, too!
Try This Fettuccine with Lemon Cream Sauce
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #healthybymarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
Fettuccine with Lemon Cream Sauce (Dairy-Free)
- 1 box Mung Bean Fettucine
- 4-6 cups baby arugula
- 1-2 cups frozen peas optional
Lemon Cream Sauce
- 6 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 lemon zest 1 lemon, divide it in half, set aside. Then, juice both lemons (should yield about 6 Tbsp. juice)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. unrefined salt (real, pink, or Celtic salt) or more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Bring pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to directions. Put the arugula in a large mixing bowl. If using the peas, add them to the pot about 5 minutes before the pasta is done, to cook together.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together all of the lemon cream sauce ingredients: tahini, 6 Tbsp lemon juice, water, salt, pepper, and half of the lemon zest. Whisk until a smooth, creamy consistency is formed.
- When pasta is done, drain, add to the bowl with the arugula, top with the cream sauce, and mix well, until everything is coated. Taste, and season with additional pink salt and fresh pepper as needed. To serve, sprinkle the remaining lemon zest over the dish.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mariamarlowe on instagram and hashtag #healthybymarlowe for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes each month.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.