Below is a recipe for my Complexion Perfection Salad, which is packed with the nutrients needed for clear skin.
Complexion Perfection Salad Benefits
Arugula: This spicy, peppery, and slightly bitter green is great for boosting digestion. It’s packed with a wide array of vitamins and antioxidants which provide anti-inflammatory benefits. It provides 10% DV of Vitamin A per cup, or about 40% DV when using 4 cups like in this salad. Vitamin A is a critical nutrient for clear skin.
Red Onion: Prevents inflammation. Including sulfur-rich vegetables like red onion on a regular basis is important for healthy skin.
Radishes: Radishes provide both sulfur and silica, two beauty minerals that support clear, ageless skin from within. They’re also a good source of Vitamin C, which aids in collagen production and supports the immune system to help repair your skin.
Cucumber: This water-dense fruit is also a great source of silica, the beauty mineral that supports healthy hair, skin, and nails. Choose pickling cucumbers if you can find them- the kind with bumps on the skin, often grown in backyard gardens – as research shows they contain more silica than their smooth counterparts. (1)
Clementine: Clementines provide 60% DV of Vitamin C, which supports collagen production, the immune system, and ageless, clear skin.
Avocado: A filling source of healthy fats, fiber (one medium avocado provides a significant 9g per avocado!), and Vitamin E, an antioxidant that plays a role in healthy skin.
Pumpkin Seeds: Provide zinc, a critical nutrient for clear, radiant, glowing skin.
Sunflower Seeds: Offer Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, and a number of anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Flax Seeds: Provides fiber which aids in digestion and helps clean the colon, as well as omega-3s which provide anti-inflammatory benefits.
Hemp Seeds: Deliver complete plant-based protein and anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats to clear your skin from within.
Complexion Perfection Salad
- 4 cups baby arugula organic
- 2 Tbsp. red onion sliced thin or diced
- 2 radishes sliced paper thin or diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber sliced thin or diced
- 1 avocado small, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 clementine peeled, and broken into wedges (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds raw
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds raw
- 1 Tbsp. flax seed crushed or milled
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
Protein of choice (choose 1)
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl, including the protein of choice.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice on top, along with a little salt and pepper. Toss the salad well and add additional oil, lemon, salt or pepper to taste, if needed.
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.