Switch up your pasta sauce with this vibrant creamy Carrot Turmeric Sauce instead. It’s packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients, and brings a pop of color to your dinner table. Skip the cashews and black pepper to make it AIP-compliant.
Carrot Turmeric Pasta Sauce
- 1 box gluten-free pasta such as chickpea pasta
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cups carrot peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cashews (raw) raw, or substitute hemp seeds
- 2 cups vegetable broth (low or no sodium) or water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt (real, pink, or Celtic salt) pink or celtic
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta and cook according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Heat a medium stockpot over medium heat. Add the oil, then the onion, garlic, and turmeric. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Then add the carrot, cashews, and broth or water and cover. Cook for 10 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Remove the carrot mixture from the heat and carefully transfer it to a blender. Add salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth. (Conversely, use an immersion blender in the pot).
- Put the cooked pasta in the pot, pour in the carrot sauce, and mix well. To serve, plate and add a sprinkle of hemp seeds and sprouts. Add more salt and pepper to taste as desired.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.