What can be better than fluffy, gluten-free focaccia bread topped with layers of heirloom tomatoes, olives, and fresh herbs? Not much. [Read more…] about Gluten-Free Focaccia Bread [Quick!]
This simple garlic sautéed chard recipe will make it easy to get your daily dose of greens in. It’s both delicious and fast, ready in less than 10 minutes.
This quick and easy fall pasta salad recipe is perfect for an autumn weeknight. Here, I used butternut squash, mushrooms, and kale, but you can swap in whatever veggies you have on hand.
On a lazy fall morning, try this loaded baked sweet potato recipe. You can pile it high with coconut yogurt, berries, figs, and your favorite superfoods, like dried mulberries or coconut shavings. The options are endless! If you want one of these babies during the week, pre-bake the sweet potato, and then simply reheat in the morning and add your toppings.
This tomato and garlic pie with rosemary cracker crust recipe is delicious hot or cold. Of course, like all the recipes on my site, it’s gluten-free and dairy-free.
On a hot summer day, this refreshing and icy watermelon slushie with coconut ice is sure to hit the spot. You can start with a spoon, then slurp the rest up with a straw.
Save on Healthy Ingredients
I made this recipe for Vitacost.com, my favorite place to shop for healthy ingredients at a fraction of the price of what I’d pay at the grocery store.
Watermelon Slushie with Coconut Ice
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 6 cups watermelon cubed, frozen overnight*
- Open the can of coconut milk and remove the top cream only to a blender or food processor. Reserve the liquid for another use (like a smoothie). To the blender, add the date syrup, if using, along with the lime juice, vanilla, and ice cubes. Quickly pulse until a slushie consistency forms. Remove to a small bowl, cover, and freeze while you prepare the watermelon slushie.
- Rinse and dry the blender or food processor. Now add the frozen watermelon chunks and process until a slushie consistency forms.
- Layer alternating layer of the coconut and watermelon slushie in 4 short serving glasses or bowls, as you wish.
- Top with slivered almonds and a drizzle of date syrup.
*Simply chop and put in a glass tupperware or zip-top bag and freeze. **For a less sweet treat, you can omit, especially if you will drizzle sweetener on top.