This fluffy peanut butter bread delivers a whopping 6 grams of protein a slice. It’s quick and easy to make with just 7 simple ingredients.
This Blemish Blast Blueberry Smoothie is packed with antioxidant- and nutrient-rich ingredients that provide anti-inflammatory benefits to help reduce blemishes.
Blemish Blast Blueberry Smoothie Ingredients
Here is a breakdown of how the blemish blast blueberry smoothie ingredients support clear skin:
- Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in antioxidants that protect your body from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage your cells and contribute to acne, inflammation, aging, and chronic disease. (1, 2, 3)
- Pumpkin Seed Protein: My favorite protein powder for a source of clean plant protein. It is made simply from powdered pumpkin seeds, not an isolate, and is a beautiful vibrant green instead of a dusty brown. It also contains various minerals including zinc, which is a critical nutrient for clear skin and a common deficiency amongst acne patients. Use code Maria20 for 20% off.
- Flaxseed: Fiber-rich flaxseed is also a source of omega-3 fatty acids, which provide anti-inflammatory benefits. Omega-3 rich foods can help reduce the size and redness of pimples and speed the rate at which wounds heal. (4)
- Hemp seed: Hemp seeds are an excellent source of easy-to-digest plant protein. They also provide fiber and omega-3s, as well as a variety of phytonutrients. (5, 6)
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, providing a whopping 10g of fiber per ounce. Fiber helps to stabilize blood sugar, which is key to maintaining blemish-free skin. They’re also rich in antioxidants and omega-3. (7, 8)
- Banana: rich in fiber and powerful antioxidants that fight free radicals. (9, 10)
Blemish Blast Blueberry Smoothie
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- Combine all blueberry smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.*
- Pour smoothie into a glass and top with coconut shreds and blueberries.
*If you prefer a thinner consistency simply add more water or ice.
Clear Skin Recipes
Want more skin clearing recipes? Check out these 5 Drinks For Clear Skin. Also, check out my Clear Skin Plan, a science-backed, doctor-approved program and meal plan to clear acne naturally through dietary and lifestyle changes. If you’ve tried everything else to no avail, it’s time to get to the root causes and support your skin from within.
Matcha tea offers a plethora of benefits, but if I’m honest with you, it tastes a little too much like grass to me. While I can’t get it down as a hot tea, I do love it as an iced coconut matcha latte. I can drink one every day! [Read more…] about Iced Coconut Matcha Latte
Poached eggs are the perfect easy breakfast recipe and ready in less than 5 minutes. Follow this easy recipe for the perfect poached eggs, every time! [Read more…] about Perfect Poached Eggs
Is there anything an air-fryer can’t do? These mini air-fryer egg frittata cups are quick to make and super flavorful, thanks to a copious amount of chopped tomato, herbs, and onion. Store them in the fridge for up to 4 days for a fuss-free breakfast.
If you don’t have an air-fryer, pop them in the oven instead.
Pair with your fave gluten-free toast topped with avocado to make it a full meal.
Air-Fryer Tomato Herb Frittata Cups
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
- Preheat the air-fryer to 300 F.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl, stir in herbs, tomatoes, onion, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour into 12 silicone muffin molds. Cook for 10-13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.*
*Note, every air fryer is different, so the best temperature and time may vary slightly. The first time you cook it, monitor your eggs and find the best time for your air fryer. Start checking them at the 8-10 minute mark so they don’t burn. **If you don't have an air fryer, you can make these in the oven. Heat to 300 F, put the silicone cups on a baking sheet, and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. ***If you're using these for meal prep, reheat them before you eat.
Amaranth is a nutritious tiny seed that has become a new favorite breakfast ingredient. It cooks up into a delicious thick porridge & is a great alternative to oatmeal.