This delicious wild salmon with mango salsa is a go-to in my kitchen. Ready in under 15 minutes, it’s perfect for a weeknight, despite the fact it’s fancy enough for a dinner party.
Wild Salmon vs Farmed Salmon
It’s important to choose wild salmon over farmed. Farmed salmon is generally less nutritious, higher in omega-6, which makes it pro-inflammatory, and more contaminated with mercury and PCBs.
I typically get wild salmon from Whole Foods, or you can buy frozen in bulk from an online source like Vital Choices. If using frozen (which is a great and economical choice!) be sure to thaw completely by letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight or using this quick thaw method using a bowl of cold water.
Mango Salsa Salmon with Cauli Rice
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup jicama diced (Or substitute cucumber)
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp. serrano chile or jalapeno diced, more or less depending on heat tolerance
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice or to taste
- pink salt to taste
To make the salmon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the salmon on the baking sheet, and squeeze a quarter of a lemon over each filet. Top with a pinch of pink salt and black pepper. If using an organic, unwzxed lemon, zest the lemon peel of the remaining lemon over the fish using a microplane Once the oven has reached the right temperature, bake for 12-15 minutes, until thoroughly cooked.
To make the salsa
- While the salmon cooks, in a large bowl, toss all of the mango salsa ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- When salmon is done, remove to a serving plate, and top with mango salsa.
To make the cauliflower rice
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the oil, and then garlic. Cook for 30-60 seconds until fragrant, then add the frozen carrots, peas, and cauli rice. Break up any chunks with a wooden spoon, then cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, until soft and thoroughly cooked through. Season with salt to taste. Serve on the side of salmon.
Clearer Skin in Just 3 Days
Plus, you’ll receive The Glow Up Guide right away, a delicious 3-day meal plan to reduce redness and bumps, fast.