If you want to impress your holiday guests, whip up this (surprisingly easy to make) Pomegranate & Coconut Crepe Cake.
Save on Healthy Ingredients
This gluten-free crepe cake is made primarily from cassava flour and coconut milk.
The best place to buy these – and any other healthy, non-perishable items – is at Vitacost. I do all my non-perishable shopping there, as they offer the healthiest brands at 20-50% less than what you’d pay at a health food store, saving me literally thousands of dollars a year.
Try This Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
Pomegranate & Coconut Crepe Cake (gluten-free)
Coconut Milk Whip Cream
- First, make the crepe batter. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, water, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix well, then add the dry ingredients: cassava flour, beet powder, and salt, and mix again using a hand mixer for 1 minute until thoroughly combined and a thin batter forms.
- Cover and put the batter in the fridge while you make the coconut whip cream: combine the coconut cream, maple syrup, and vanilla in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Use the hand mixer to whip together. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium low heat. Once hot, pour 1/3 cup batter into the center of the pan. Immediately tilt the pan in a circular motion to swirl the batter to make a thin round crepe shape (about 8 inches across).
- Cook for 1 minute, or until easy to flip, cook for an additional 45 seconds and then remove to a wire rack to cool and then a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. (Makes about 25 crepes total).
- If you have two pans, do two crepes at once to save time.
- When all crepes are cooled and ready to assemble: put one crepe on the cake stand you want to use. Then add a thin layer of coconut whip cream (all the way to the edges), place another crepe on top and repeat with remaining crepes. Once you get to the top, add a generous dollop of the coconut whip cream, then top with pomegranate and shredded coconut.
Download Real Food Remedies
Plus, you’ll receive Real Food Remedies right away, a guide to the top foods & recipes to help you slim down, banish digestive issues, reverse acne, & feel more energized.