This quick and easy shrimp quesadilla recipe is as tasty as it is pretty.
Since dairy is a common acne-trigger for many people, we use non-dairy cheese. (Miyokos and Violife are two favorite brands for taste and ingredients). We also stuff some veggies inside (because extra veggies are always a good idea) and protein-rich shrimp. For the tortilla, personally I like the Siete brand.
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup yellow, red, or orange bell pepper chopped
- 4 oz wild shrimp (cleaned and thawed if using frozen)
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- ½ cup non-dairy cheese shreds
- 2 gluten-free tortilla
- Heat a pan over medium heat, then add olive oil. Next add the chopped garlic, onion, and bell pepper to the pan. Cook for 1 minute or until tender.
- Add the shrimp and taco seasoning and cook for another 2-5 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through and opaque, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
- Clean the pan, and return to the heat. Add a tortilla then sprinkle with a thin layer of non-dairy cheese, about ¼ cup. Spoon about half the shrimp mixture on top in a flat layer. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt and the tortilla crisps up, then fold in half and remove from the pan.
- Repeat with the remaining tortilla. If you have leftover shrimp and peppers, serve on the side. Cut with a pizza cutter.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @mariamarlowe on instagram and hashtag #healthybymarlowe for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes each month.