Kookoo Sabzi is a traditional Persian dish that is similar to a frittata but flips the ratio of eggs to herbs, hence its vibrant green color. Aromatic and flavorful, this one-pan dish is easy to whip up and makes for a perfect brunch, lunch, or light dinner entree. [Read more…] about Fresh Herb Frittata (Kookoo Sabzi)
This may be the healthiest version of fried rice you’ll find! We swapped cauli rice in place of rice, added extra veggies, and seasoned with turmeric, a golden, health-promoting spice with potent anti-inflammatory properties.
Golden Egg Fried Cauli Rice
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Cauli Fried Rice
- 2-3 tsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- ¾ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 2 cloves garlic chopped small
- 1 scallion sliced thin
- 1 1-inch piece ginger peeled, chopped small (optional)
- 1 cup carrot peeled and diced small
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped small
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 16 oz cauliflower rice fresh or frozen (about 5 cups or half of a large cauliflower)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce (optional)
- Salt to taste (if not using coconut aminos/soy sauce)
- First, heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, then turmeric, cumin, scallion, ginger, and carrot. Let them cook for a minute or two, until fragrant.
- Next, stir in the broccoli and garlic. Cook a minute or two before adding the cauliflower rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes (if using frozen cauliflower, put a lid on while cooking). Season with black pepper and coconut aminos or salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, scramble the eggs in a separate pan. Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add the oil, then eggs, and cook, stirring occasionally. Once cooked through, remove to a plate.
- When the veggie rice is done, mix in the scrambled eggs.
This Better Bolognese is a weeknight staple in our house – loaded with additional veggies and mushrooms, it can be made either with organic meat or without it for a hearty vegan version.
If you want more greens and fiber in your veggie burgers, try this easy and tasty Broccoli Burger recipe. Eat them on their own smothered in this turmeric tahini dressing or pop ’em in a gluten-free burger bun (or lettuce burger).
This Asian Beef Bowl with Cauliflower “Fried” Rice has become a weekly staple in my house. It’s delicious, filling, and ready in under 20 minutes.
This Shirataki Basil Pesto Pasta with Garlic Shrimp is quick and easy to throw together on a busy weeknight. It’s simple, flavorful and filling. You can’t go wrong!