This may be the healthiest version of fried rice you’ll find! We swapped cauli rice in place of rice, added extra veggies, and seasoned with turmeric, a golden, health-promoting spice with potent anti-inflammatory properties.
Golden Egg Fried Cauli Rice
Cauli Fried Rice
- 2-3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- 2 cloves garlic chopped small
- 1 green onion / scallion sliced thin
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger peeled, chopped small (optional)
- 1 cup carrot peeled and diced small
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped small
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 16 oz cauliflower rice fresh or frozen (about 5 cups or half of a large cauliflower)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. coconut aminos or low sodium tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) (optional)
- unrefined salt (real, pink, or Celtic salt) to taste, if not using coconut aminos/soy sauce
- First, heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, then turmeric, cumin, scallion, ginger, and carrot. Let them cook for a minute or two, until fragrant.
- Next, stir in the broccoli and garlic. Cook a minute or two before adding the cauliflower rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes (if using frozen cauliflower, put a lid on while cooking). Season with black pepper and coconut aminos or salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, scramble the eggs in a separate pan. Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add the oil, then eggs, and cook, stirring occasionally. Once cooked through, remove to a plate.
- When the veggie rice is done, mix in the scrambled eggs.