Jazz up your party dip with this roasted red pepper hummus.
This simple party appetizer comes together in less than 5 min and adds a pop of color to the table.
If having a lot of people over, you can make a triple batch of hummus, then keep one plain, turn one into roasted red pepper hummus, and another you can tint green by adding extra fresh herbs, for a fun and colorful table.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbs parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until creamy. If needed, add water 1 tablespoon at a time to help it blend and develop a creamier consistency.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. She has ongoing group workshops both in NYC and online, and writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.