Jazz up your party dip with this roasted red pepper hummus.
This simple party appetizer comes together in less than 5 min and adds a pop of color to the table.
If having a lot of people over, you can make a triple batch of hummus, then keep one plain, turn one into roasted red pepper hummus, and another you can tint green by adding extra fresh herbs, for a fun and colorful table.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbs parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until creamy. If needed, add water 1 tablespoon at a time to help it blend and develop a creamier consistency.