One of the world’s top personal trainers, Kelsey Wells, shares how exercise and fitness helped her heal postpartum depression and completely changed her life. She talks about her “screw the scale” philosophy, why you need to change your workouts post-pregnancy, why she focuses on weights vs cardio, and so much more in this Happier & Healthier podcast episode
Listen on Your Favorite Podcast App
If you enjoy it, leave a review on that platform, email firstname.lastname@example.org a screenshot and we will send you a free 3-day sugar detox meal plan (Here is a post on how to leave an iTunes Review – it only takes a minute or two!).
No iTunes? No problem! Listen to the episode here by clicking the pink play button below.
Meet Kelsey Wells
At the age of 29, Kelsey has become one of the most sought-after personal trainers to provide health and fitness advice to women around the world, including for her over 1.5 million Instagram followers. Kelsey rose to influence following her transformation photos in 2016 when her message of wanting women to feel beautiful was heard online. Her social post ‘Screw the Scale’ went viral in July 2016 when media recognized Kelsey’s passion and desire to share her message with women globally. Women haven’t stopped resonating with Kelsey since, as she continues to help her community focus on self-love, inner strength and lifting weights without intimidation in the gym.
- When did you start getting interested in fitness?
- You started posting a lot on Instagram and then one photo went viral – can you tell us how that spiraled?
- How did you get connected with Kayla?
- How is your PWR program different from BBG?
- Postpartum, how long should you let your body rest and recover how soon should you start training?
- Do you have any advice for new moms wanting to get back in shape postpartum?
- Once you have baby, would you stay on PWR indefinitely or when is it good to go back to regular training?
- What is your favorite workout gear ?
- What are your go-to pre-workout and post-workout foods?
- What do you think is the most effective workout?
- What advice do you have for women entrepreneurs in wellness who want to spread this global message of health?
- How do you stay motivated? What do you tell people who don’t have willpower or motivation to exercise?
- What’s one piece of advice you can give our listeners to live a happier and healthier life?
More from Kelsey Wells
Like what you listened to? Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes so you never miss an episode.
FREE MEAL PLAN
If you enjoy the podcast, leave a review on iTunes, email info (at) mariamarlowe.com a screenshot and we will send you a free 3-day sugar detox meal plan (Here is a post on how to leave an iTunes Review – it only takes a minute or two!).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Come share your thoughts on this episode and connect with me on Instagram @mariamarlowe
Or head to the dedicated Happier & Healthier Facebook Group and let us know what action you’re taking as a result of this podcast to live a little happier and healthier.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.