Is there a connection between digestion and our happiness? Are emotions preventing you from losing weight? Is a bad diet cutting you off from your intuition and ‘gut’ feelings?
Today, we’re diving into all these topics and then some on the latest Happier and Healthier Podcast episode with Gut Health Expert & Health Coach, Robyn Youkilis.
Robyn Youkilis is an AADP Certified Health Coach, author, and expert in holistic digestive health. Robyn’s holistic approach to health and wellness focuses on not only food, but on all areas of life including stress, sleep, and emotions, and the effect those have on weight and eating habits. What sets Robyn’s coaching apart is that she focuses on not only releasing physical weight, but letting go of emotional weight as well.
- 1:52 | the key takeaway from Robyn’s new book,Thin from Within
- 4:00 | what emotional weight is and how it affects our physical weight
- 5:53 | the connection between gut and intuition
- 7:36 | how to start listening to your gut
- 12:01 | the connection between our digestive health and our happiness
- 13:43 | the best food that promotes gut health
- 15:26 | the pros and cons of kombucha
- 18:43 | why aloe is great for our gut (and our skin!) + how to buy it
- 21:14 | how mindless, on-the-go eating affects our digestion
- 23:52 | If you eat at your desk, how to make it healthier/better for you
- 25:23 | what a morning practice is + why you should have one
- 29:17 | how to take time from a busy day for yourself
Listen below, or subscribe and listen on iTunes. If you enjoy it, leave a review on iTunes, email info at mariamarlowe.com a screenshot and we will send you a free 3-day sugar detox meal plan. (Here is a post on how to leave an iTunes Review – it only takes a minute or two!).
Key Quotes and Ideas
Like what you listened to? Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes so you never miss an episode.
Robyn’s aloe powder recommendation: New Chapter
More from Robyn Youkilis
Robyn’s blog and coaching practice: Robyn Youkilis | Your Healthiest You
Get her book on Amazon: Thin from Within
Find Robyn on Instagram @Robyn Youkilis
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Come share your thoughts on this episode and connect with me on instagram @mariamarlowe
Or, head to the dedicated Happier & Healthier Facebook Group and let us know what action you’re taking as a result of this podcast to live a little happier and healthier.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.