A gluten-free peanut butter banana bread…what happy mornings are made from.
Once you realize how easy it is to make your own gluten-free breads, you’ll want to do it all the time.
This peanut butter banana bread recipe (which could also easily be made into an almond butter banana bread recipe) requires minimal effort, but provides you with a gluten-free loaf for the week!
It’s made with simple ingredients, primarily almond flour, nut butter, banana, and eggs. No white flour or white sugar, here!
Top slices with additional nut butter and banana for a power packed mid-afternoon or pre-workout snack.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (preferably without salt)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of pink salt (only if your peanut butter is unsalted)
- 1/2 banana, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you have a bullet blender, blend the bananas in it until liquified, and pour into a large bowl. If no blender, in a large bowl, mash well with a fork for a few minutes, until they turn into a smooth, lump-free liquid or soup-like texture.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the bowl and stir well until fully combined.
- Next, add the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, and salt if needed. Stir well.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch loaf pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter into it.
- If you like, lay sliced banana down the middle of the loaf as shown in photo.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from pan.
- Slice and enjoy!
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.