Ready in less than 20 minutes, this artichoke and arugula pizza is sure to become a weeknight favorite.
The crust is simply a toasted brown rice tortilla, and the sauce is a delicious butternut squash sauce, perfect for fall. You can find butternut squash sauce in the tomato sauce section of your grocer.
For this version, I used a topping of arugula and artichoke salad, but you can put any topping you like. Roasted chickpeas or spice-rubbed grilled fish would be a good addition for added protein.
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment or tag a picture #mariamarlowe on Instagram. I always love to see your creations.
- 4 brown rice tortillas
- 6 oz. grilled artichoke hearts (in package or if in jar, drained), chopped
- 5 oz. of arugula
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 2-3 tsp. olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 jar butternut squash sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, artichoke hearts, red onion, olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a generous pinch of black pepper.
- On 1-2 large baking sheets, lay out the 4 tortillas, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch the tortillas, as different types will cook at different speeds. They should just be getting crisp and golden on the edges.
- Take the tortillas out of the oven, spoon on a generous amount of butternut squash sauce, spreading it out across the tortilla, leaving a centimeter or so of a crust. and return to the oven for a final 3-5 minutes.
- Take the tortillas out of the oven, put on plates. Spoon the arugula artichoke mix on top of each. Slice into 6 or 8 pieces and serve right away.
- Add your favorite protein on top, such as chickpeas or spice-rubbed grilled fish to make it a complete meal.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.