Ditch the dairy with this easy cashew sour cream recipe.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight in filtered water
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender (a bullet blender works well) and blend until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- *This makes a thinner, dressing like consistency. If you'd like a thicker sour cream, start with 1/4 cup water, then add 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Cover and refrigerate. Should last up to 5 days.
- Use as a dressing on salads, with pumpkin quesadillas, or lentil tacos.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.