The best gluten-free pancakes – fluffy little pillows of heaven.
I’m not a huge pancake eater, but I’ve been wanting them again since my recent Beauty Food Brunch. So, this weekend I whipped some plain ones up and drowned them in delicious toppings, like raspberry chia seed jam, coconut cream, maple syrup, fresh berries, and pecans.
I really love Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free pancake mix. It’s not something you want to eat everyday, but I do think their pancakes cook up the best compared to other gluten-free pancake mixes. You can make them according to package directions, which calls for one egg and makes them extra fluffy, or you can replace the egg with mashed banana, as in the recipe below, and you get a really decadent and still fluffy pillow of yumminess.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup hemp milk (or other plant-milk)
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pancake mix
- In a large bowl, mash bananas thoroughly with a fork. Add hemp milk and pancake flour. Stir well.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add enough oil to coat the bottom. When hot, spoon batter into rounds, and cook until golden on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Makes 6 pancakes.
- Stack on a plate. Top with berries, coconut cream, maple syrup, and/or chia seed jam.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.