Sink your spoon into this luscious Ginger Banana Cream to soothe your sweet tooth. This is one treat you don’t have to feel guilty about.
Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a safe way to relieve nausea, vomiting, motion sickness, morning sickness, and gas. You only need a tiny bit to get its tummy healing benefits. Bonus? There are 2 compounds in fresh ginger that act as appetite suppressants.
So, this may taste like dessert, but it’s healthy enough to have it for breakfast. To make it more filling, add a handful of almonds to the blender when making the cream part, instead of just sprinkling on top. You can also use a base of chia gel (chia seeds mixed with water, that has sat for at least 10 minutes) instead of just water.
- Ginger Banana Cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 bananas, frozen * and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- Raw organic almonds, slivered (you can slice yourself)
- 1. Place water, bananas, and ginger into a Vitamix or high-speed blender.
- 2. Blend on high for about 1 minute, until the consistency is uniformly smooth and creamy. Add a little more water as needed.
- 3. Pour into bowls, top with slivered almonds, and enjoy right away!
- *Peel overripe bananas put them in a ziploc bag, and freeze overnight. Can be frozen for up to two months. Frozen bananas make an excellent "ice cream" or smoothie base, so you may want to keep them in your freezer.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.